Voter registration for foreigners is voluntary.
WHO CAN REGISTER?
- Citizens from European Union Member States: Germany | Austria | Belgium | Bulgaria | Cyprus | Denmark | Slovakia | Slovenia | Spain | Estonia | Finland | France | Greece | Netherlands | Hungary | Ireland | Italy | Latvia | Lithuania | Luxembourg | Malta | Poland | United Kingdom | Czech Republic | Romania | Sweden
- Citizens of countries that have agreements: Brazil | Cape Verde | Argentina | Chile | Colombia | Iceland | Norway | NewZealand | Peru | Uruguay | Venezuela
Note: Brazilian citizens holding equal political rights status, aged over 17 years and living in Portuguese territory, are automatically registered in the electoral register of the parish corresponding to the address on their citizen's card, or when they do not have one, their address in the civil identification system (identical system to that of Portuguese citizens).
Valid residence permit for Portugal
Throughout the year up to 60 days before the election (voting date)
Serviço de Estrangeiros e Fronteiras - SEF (Portuguese Foreigners and Border Service)
CNAIM DO PORTO
Av. de França, Edif. Capitólio, nº 316, Loja 57
Open: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm (business days)
Telephone: 222 073 810
Note: the previous appointment is necessary to ensure an appointment in this SEF customer service bureau.
Voter registration commission - junta de freguesia/união de freguesias (parish/unified parish council)
corresponding to the address indicated in the valid residence permit
Junta de Freguesia de Paranhos | Open: Monday to Friday, 9 am - 4:50 pm
Rua Álvaro Castelões, 811, 4200-047 Porto | Telephone: 225 020 046 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I find out if I am registered and what's my voter number?
You can get this information, even on election day:
- At the parish council of your place of residence;
- Via SMS text message (free of charge) sent to 3838 with the message "RE (space) Citizen's card / ID card number (space) date of birth = yyyymmdd". For example: "RE 7424071 19820803";
- On the Internet at www.recenseamento.mai.gov.pt